You are the force that drives you and your dog forward; from foundations to agility skill development, refining cooperation and gaining experience. The status of agility as a sport has grown a lot during the past few years. Course profiles are fast and they require skills. However, I don’t believe there is only one way to succeed.
The way you and your dog become a dream team, is individual. I think one of the most important aspects is that you trust yourself and do your thing with passion.You have all the potential to succeed and thrive, as long as you know what it is that you ought to focus on. I have put together a list of all the components that affect dog agility performance and they are the following:
- dog and handler skills
- dog’s physique and technique
- handler’s mental skills
- handler’s physical characteristics
- cooperation between dog and handler
- coaching relationship and training environment
Agility handler in training – individuality is the key to success!
Handler training is my passion, because it is important to invest in both team members. I’m going to share many of my thoughts, tips and ideas on the subject with you. Let’s begin by outlining handler training components on a large scale: 1. WELLBEING > mental, social and physical
2. COMPONENTS OF FITNESS > endurance, strength, speed, mobility and body control
3. MENTAL SKILLS > self-esteem and confidence > motivation, drive, concentration > competition skills (Find three practical tips, with which you may be able to progress quicker and at the very least learn about you as a team!)
4. SLEEP, RECOVERY AND TRAINING LOAD > quantity and quality > development > physiological stress
5. NUTRITION > quantity, quality, contents and timing
The aspect I want to emphasize is individuality. I would like to hear how you and your dog reach your highest potential?
All the best, Rosa-Maria I recommend you to read about 5 factors why fitness training helps you succeed better in agility from here!